Rian Handler is a food writer, editor, and recipe developer with a fierce love for sour gummies.
Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
Dinner on Halloween can be anything but regular—it's gotta be spooky! Our classics have been Jack-'o-Lantern Stuffed Peppers and Ghost Pizza Bagels, but now we're obsessed with turning ordinary meatballs into scary works of art by making them look like monster eyeballs. All you need is some mozzarella (fresh works best since it's thicker) and black olives.
- 4 serving(s)
- Prep Time:
- 15 mins
- Total Time:
- 40 mins
- 1 lb.
medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c.
Panko bread crumbs
cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp.
chopped fresh parsley
large egg, beaten
Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb.
- 1 1/2 c.
Ciliegine, cut into rounds
Black olives, sliced crosswise into rounds
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400° and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Step 2In a large bowl, add beef, onion, Panko, garlic, parsley, and egg. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix ingredients together with a rubber spatula or your hands until well combined, then shape into 1” balls. Place onto baking sheet.
- Step 3Bake until meatballs for 13 minutes, then to each meatball, add a piece of cheese and olive to create “eyeballs.” Bake until cheese is melty, 2 minutes more.
- Step 4Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to platter.
- Step 5Pour warm marinara sauce over spaghetti, then scatter with meatballs.